Monday, April 27, 2009
Saying goodbye
Saying Goodbye was SO hard. I cannot describe to you how I felt or how Ryan felt. All I know is that it was hard. I wanted to take Amanda home with us and take care of her. I felt SO close to her, I felt like we were sisters, she was my best friend and I didn't want to say bye. (I still fill this way today and I tear up when I think of her. She is my best friend and always will be). Ryan had to leave a few days early because he had to get back to the office. Some of the placement paperwork got lost at the court and it held up the process a few days. He left on Sunday and I was able to come home Tuesday, so it wasn't too bad. When we arrived home there was a banner on our garage and a banner on our lawn. We were welcomed with SO much LOVE, it was great! One of my first things I did when I got home was call Amanda and tell her we made it safely and express to her once again our love. I had a hard time talking to her because I would just cry. She probably thought I was crazy, but really I was so happy and she will never know what she gave me as a woman/mother. A gift I will NEVER be able to repay her for, something that was so selfless that I never thought it was ever possible. An experience that was simply Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment