Monday, April 27, 2009
Our time with Amanda and Hollie
Saturday Amanda was discharged from the hospital and we met with her later that day. She wanted to spend time with Hollie and us together before she "placed" Hollie. At first, it was very stressful for us. I wasn't sure what her thoughts were or what the ending result would be. Ofcourse, Ryan and I were hopeful and supportive and knew that if this is what needed to happen that we were going to go with it. Yes, I will say it is very uncommon, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world. The time with Amanda and Hollie was amazing to say the least. We had the opportunity to get to know her and she had the opportunity to get to know us. It was fun. We did some shopping, lots of eating and we were able to see some of her friends and her school. We were able to learn SO much about her and who she is, it was great! Amanda had so much respect for us. She introduced us as Hollie's parents and her and I both shared taking care of Hollie. The experience was amazing and something I will NEVER forget. I cannot wait till one day when I will be able to share that with Hollie, it was a time in my life that I will ALWAYS hold on to and close to my heart. Special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment